Before you submit a Letter of Intent for 2019-20 funding:
1. Read and understand the funding priorities of Allegany County United Way
2. Decide which strategy best aligns with your funding request.
3. Follow the directions below for submitting a LOI and develop your two-page document.
Instructions for Submitting a Letter of Intent to Allegany County United Way
Deadline for LOI submission: February 22, 2019, 4:00 pm.
Organizations may submit for more than one initiative. A separate Letter of Intent (LOI) is required for each initiative.
The LOI to submit a grant proposal should be submitted in narrative form.
Briefly but completely answer the ten questions below.
The completed LOI should be no longer than two (2) pages using a font size of 10 or larger.
Please respond in order and include the item number and the bolded part of the description.
1.Name and address of organization.
2. Contact person, title, and telephone number.
3. Brief background of organization, years of operation and current target population served.
4. Agency mission statement.
5. List of Board of Directors and 2018 board meeting dates.
6. Focus area(s), target population, and applicable strategies
7. Program and/or initiative description
. Provide a description of the program and/or initiative for which you are requesting funding; may include the expansion of an existing program and/or initiative or a new program and/or initiative. Provide evidence of the program and/or initiative’s capacity to measurably improve the population served.
8. Community condition. Provide a brief narrative of established evidence of local need for service to the community.
9. Funding request and narrative. Specify the total funding request with a brief narrative explaining how the funds will be used. Identify other funding sources that may contribute to the program.
10. List of potential collaborative partners. (Memorandums of Understanding for all collaborative partners will be required if the applicant is invited to submit a full proposal.)
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION: Applicants that work in collaboration with other programs, organizations, and/or partnerships to provide more comprehensive services throughout the life of the grant will be given priority.
Completed LOIs should be emailed to email@example.com. Please include agency name and LOI in the subject area of the email. If electronic submission is not possible, please contact the Allegany County United Way office (585-593-0020) for alternative submission instructions.
The appropriate Impact Council will review the Letters of Intent and will notify agencies on or by March 22, 2019 whether they are invited to submit a full proposal.
Full Grant Proposals
Only the applicants who have been invited should submit full proposals.
The completed full application is due 4:00pm, April 12, 2019.